Disorganized


The piles of junk by my home computer

I am normally an organized person. I return my library books on time. I don't lose them. They may end up with a few bite marks, but other than that, I am such a decent library attendee/consumer/ what's the name I'm thinking of.

But, since the onset of my bi-polar I can't keep track of library books worth a darn. They get lost- I've lost two now and I owe the library $30 unless I can buy them for less on amazon and return them. I have $6.00 in fines. You heard me correctly- $6!! I haven't paid it yet, hoping that somehow it just isn't really true.

This morning, while checking e-mail, I got another library notice: seven books are due in three days. Do I know where most of them are? I think so, but I'm sure one or two have escaped from the Abbott prison and are now running full speed ahead to the ditch at the end of our street and I'll have to fork even more money to the government, I mean, library.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Hilary said…
welcome to my disorganized library book world. i always find the lost books eventually, but there are often fines for late kid dvd's. i don't mind paying library fines though - i consider it a donation to a worthy cause.
Boo said…
Late fees and the hassle of trying to find lost books are two of the main reasons I haven't signed up for a library card here. One more stress eliminated from my life.