My support group


Smile!!! Asher, 3 months old

For those of you who don't know- I was diagnosed with major dpression several months ago. I've been struggling with each medicine they have put me on: seraquel, lexapro, and of late ambien and abilify and finally they have got it right!!! or so I feel-zyprexa 5 mg!!! It's a bi-polar medicine. The lexapro "kicked" me into a bi-polar manic state. Yesterday I walked into my dr.'s office with no appointment and waited for two hours. He saw me at 12:45 pm and gave me the zyprexa. He offered no information about it. I grilled him "How long should I take it" 'It is only taken a short time, since it will cause weight gain and diabetes if taken for longer.' Good thing I asked! How long should I take it, I asked "a short time- say three or four days." When do I take it "at night 1 hour before bed" I took it last night a t9:15 pm. I was drugged to sleep by 10:15pm and slept pretty soundly until 7 am. It was nice to see the sun when I woke up!The kids slept in until 7:45pm. They were excited that their Aunt and Unlcle Ellen and Jason and Anna are visiting! Ellen, Josh's sister is visiting us until Saturday. She already has helped me wash the dishes and make dinner and get the kids dressed and into the car! Jason dropped her ff in a rental car and we'll drive them back Saturday.

Jen, my second support group shift will take over on Monday until next Saturday. My mania should wear off by the middle of next week and I have a dr. appointment on Friday at 8:30 am with my normal dr (he's been on vaation all February which he does every year- probably since February is the worst month for people with mental conditions. He goes to India, sinc ehe is from there and his wife is a doctor and she sets up a clinic there.

Love, Megan

please read www.lloydandjudy.blogspot.com for more insight into the effects of depression.

Tuesday I was not able to function in the morning because of the abilify that I was taking. It's strong stuff- Amy's former patient she cared for took abilify and they were mentally handicapped. I took it in very small doses.

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
Hi, Megan. Have a great visit with your family!

Lots of love, Doug & Sheelah

PS Some info on zyprexa:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine
Douglas Smith said…
One more link:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/complete-index.shtml
Douglas Smith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
The link you posted for your inlaws was wrong but I found it - http://judyandlloyd.blogspot.com

right?