Happy Valentines Day!


After three parties that were attended yesterday- the boys preschool one, a Church one and Elizabeth's class one (which we were late too, but I still got to read the class a Valentine book and sing a song to them. Mrs. Jocham said I should be their official room mother! I'm there so much! Hee hee! I love the kids. I loved being with them. I just hate grading, being responsible for their spelling etc. Maybe I should go into preschool! They don't have to have any report cards that I would be responsible for!!)- we will be having a low key day today.

I surprized Josh this morning with a scavenger hunt and a wii. He has been wanting it so badly and I had already bought itfor his birthday, but couldn't wait to give it to him! This morning, after getting a full un-interrupted eight hours of sleep and waking up at 6 am and not being able to go to the gym- since it opens at 8 am- I devised a scavenger hunt with the wii at the end on our futon downstairs. The kids woke up to little bags with a love note and one heart candy (that's all I had left). Jonah cried because he wanted a toy. I told him he could play with Daddy's present. Josh came downstairs while I was still getting things ready and had to wait. It was fun to see him go through the house. I especially loved putting one clue that said "Here fishy fishy" that lead to my new fish "betta" (a blue betta fish that I bought at wal-mart yesterday for $3.99) I was nervous about buying a fish, since my Mother stepped on my last beta fish that I had for several years while I was on my mission but I did it!

After I bought Beta, Asher pulled up a chair and poured tons of food in the bowl and when I moved Betta to the kitchen to get the food out and left, he poured milk in betta's bowl also. Apparently, Betta was hungry and wanted some milk. Poor Asher loves the fish, but doesn't really understand how to take care of it at the tender age of 2. Luckily he's just a fish, not a cat, a dog or a new baby. This fish will help me while I have desires for a new baby and can't fulfill them just yet. I'm excited to welcome him to our family. The fish that is.

I'm off to to the store. I need to buy paint samples at Lowes for a low 3.99 a quart for our bathroom and Elizabeth's bedroom (who remodels on Valentines day?) I also want to hit K-mart and buy pink and red peanut m and m's since they are my favorite and I haven't had any yet this season. Then, Elizabeth has ballet this morning. Josh has to do some work and I hope to take the whole family swimming at the Gaithersburg Aquatic center at 3 pm. It costs an arm and a leg, but hey- it's Valentines day and we can stay as long as want until 8 pm! TFor dinner we will ahve heart shaped pizzas if I have the energy and then baths and bed and a movie for us if I find one! Thanks, Josh for the red roses and godiva truffles and card. You know I love all of those things: flowers, chocolate and the written word.

Happy Valentines Day to you all,
Love,
Megan

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
Happy belated Valentine's Day! Lots of love -D&S
Boo said…
Happy Valentine's day! Megan, you cracked us up with the fish stories. I hope Betta can survive the children :)
Shawna said…
You are a super- mom! How great that you did all that for your family! I make Kaylon do all our V-day stuff, lol.