No, I'm not perfect!

So last night I woke up at 2 am wide awake and I was mad! I did not want to be awake. I need to sleep! So, I got up out of bed and went downstairs. I remembered that I had laundry in the washer that needed to be dried. I pulled it all out and found my favorite coat- a baby blue down coat with hood that Josh bought me to help me stay warm- as flat as a pancake! I freaked out! I have washed this coat before, but I washed it in Utah and in Utah I had the three tennis balls it says to dry it with. I have no tennis balls here in Maryland.

I pulled out the phone book and started reading. Eventually I found Wal-Mart, but they weren't open at 2 am. Finally, I decided to get in the car and drive to a nearby cvs (very nearby a 2 minute drive). As I got in the car I had a random idea to drive to a local hospital (Shady Grove) and see all the new babies there (am I baby hungry? hmm...). My GPS could not find the satellite signal because of the cloud cover, which is probably a good thing (I told Josh I was going out, but he didn't remember that at all in the morning).

I went to CVS and got distracted by their make-up and Christmas %75 off isle. I started loading things into my arms. I completely forgot why I was there (it was 2:30 am and I was already low on sleep. It's like I was drunk or something!) A lady asked me if I was looking for something. I even told her no! Then, at the Cash register, after my total was more than I wanted to pay anyways, I recollected my brain capacity and asked "Do you have any tennis balls." Yes, they did! the lady replied and proceeded to show me where. I was surprised! Then, I asked the GREAT, obvious question: do you have any sleep medication?

Yes, on the bottom of aisle 14, she replied and promptly left! I looked and found tons of products, all of which screamed "Addiction! " to me (thanks, Mom! I am afraid of almost using any medication! Just kidding. It's good to be cautious!) Anyways, I picked up an expensive bottle of Melatonin and checked out.

Finally, I realized that the Spirit was definitely not at CVS at 2 am in the morning. Wierd people work there and wierd people hang out there. I needed to get the Spirit back if I was to fall asleep okay. I resolved not to go back there in the nighttime. It was way too creepy! I read my scriptures and peacefully fell asleep and woke up at 6 am wide away and ready to start my busy day: (Gym- which I did a kick boxing class and to my surprise loved, Elizabeth's doctor's appointment, where she is now perfectly healthy and the doctor was surprised she healed so quickly- thank you prayers!- dropping Elizabeth off to school- which she was freaked out about because she didn't want to miss lunch- babysitting my friend's two adorable girls and wishing I had cuddly girls that would let me do their hair, taking a nap and sleeping until 3:10- when I was supposed to pick Elizabeth up at 3 pm- scooping Asher up from his nap and the boys from the tv and running in my slippers to get Elizabeth, and leaving all three boys in the parking lot while I went to the office in the rain at 3:15 and got Elizabeth who was slightly disappointed and got back in the car, then switched laundry and went to pick up Josh at the Metro and drop him off to get his car back, which had to go on the credit card along with our plane tickets and then dinner and then Josh took Elizabeth to Math Night and the boys are wildly excited because both are gone and somehow they can't sleep knowing Elizabeth is at school at night and they aren't.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. does anyone want 8 50 mgs of seraquel? It helps you sleep but I don't like it. I should just throw it away! Let me know what you think I should do with this depression medication that my doctor gave me as a sleep aid, but is really an anti-depressant.

Comments

Shawna said…
You got up and went to CVS at 2am????? And then you still watched my girls???

Did you check the side effects of your meds? Maybe the antidepressants have a insomnia side effect?
Joanie said…
Megan, please follow advice of rachel who has been through a lot of what you are going through. She is so drug savvy. Please listen to her. When I could not sleep, I would get up and go for a walk around the cul de sac..or take a hot hot bath (the hot bath always does the trick!) with Love and concern...Mom