New Missionary Experience

Hi, Everyone,

I had a wonderful missionary experience this morning and just wanted to share it and ask for your prayers of faith. As some of you know, I joined Golds Gym in November, right when I started taking Lexapro (my depression medicine). This was so that I could get off of it as soon as possible. Anyways, I began to talk to the regulars who go there.
This morning, after not going to the gym for a week to two weeks because of Christmas break, sickness and injuries, I committed to going no matter what. It was freezing and icy outside but I went anyways, despite the kids protest not to "go to the gym." I asked them to turn on Regis and Kelly for me and began walking next to one of the regulars- Aftab- although I didn't know his name.
He asked me where I had been and we started talking. We talked politics and he took a break for some water. Upon returning, he said "Que passa, chica?" I replied "No, mucho? y tu? I speak Spanish you know. I lived in Spain for a year." He said "Doing what?" I said "a mission!" He said "don't tell me you're a Mormon!" I said "Do you like Mormons?" He replied yes! anyways, to make a long story short: I got his name and number in my cell phone and he said he would come to Church on Sunday.
I'm going to fast and pray tomorow. Please join me. Thanks, Megan

Comments

Joanie said…
oooo way neat! your espanol came in quite handy! -kels