Latest Update

As some of you may know, we took Elizabeth to the Doctor on Thursday. After running around the office a few times and have Elizabeth start coughing and wheezing, he decided to put her on Albutirol (sp?), a medicine for asthma. Josh takes the same kind but his is an inhaler and Elizabeth's is a yummy syrup- yay for new technology! The Dr. said they used to have only adrenaline to cure asthma but now they have other medicines. It does make them a little more hyper though. Not something I really need with three boys already! He also put her on an anit-biotic for five days to loosen any mucus and we see the Dr. again on Tuesday for a final diagnosis.

On Friday we drove down to D.C. to see the new American History Museum that just opened up. It was really cool. Not as kid friendly, but Josh and I really enjoyed it. On the way up, I was reading an article in the new Oprah magazine (which I don't subscribe to, but buy once every two years) about an actor who had no family and no responsibility and money in the bank and drove to the airport and took an impromptu trip to Paris.

This story inspired Josh and yesterday morning he took off to see his friend Rich in New York. I told him that it was okay, as long as he brought me back something from Tiffany & Co. (just kidding!). I've had fun with the kids while he's been gone and I plan to go to the library and the temple to do baptisms for two of my ancestors this afternoon while Lisee watches the kids. What a great day ahead of me!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. Josh's car is in the shop for quite a few things, so he took the bolt bus up to New York. It was pretty cheap! Yay for saving money!

pps. Oprah tells me it's better to curl your eyelashes first and then put mascara on second. I was shocked as I had been doing the opposite all my life. I tried it and liked it a lot! Did you guys know this and not tell me? I haven't had a make-over since before I met Josh- over eight years! Please, someone sign me up for a make-over or come visit and bring your make-up and supplies to give me a fresh look!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Meg - I will have to send yo the article I have that says if you reduce dairy in your childs diet it reduces their asthma risk. Jon's nephew has asthma and she gives hime soy vs dairy and it helps a lot! Hope she is okay!
Unknown said…
Oh and about mascara - I curl before AND after I put my mascara on. I find that if I just do it before then they do not curl enough as the wet mascara takes the curl out of it. The curler makes all the difference - I really loike the $1 eyelash curler from www.EyesLipsFace.com. They have great cheap makeup so you can try new stuff w/o breaking the bank (:
Joanie said…
Megan...I curl first...didn't you ever watch Gma Betty do her mascara?...or me? We always curled our eyelashes first. Some experts say to not curl them after, because the stickiness of the mascara may pull out a few eyelashes when you release the curler. Skype Amy and ask about how she does her eyes...and have her show you her make-up. I need to ask her, too. You are already gorgeous, though, dear. Love, Mom