Feeling Worserererer

Well, please excuse my last blog entry. Last night, I worked hard to put the kids to bed and then started cleaning the house- thinking I was all better and that it would be so nice for the tv room to be tidy and clean tomorrow. I even started a load of laundry, because the kids pants were wet from playing outside and I know they can't make it until laundry day Monday.

This morning, around 3 am, I woke up with an intense pain in my throat. I asked Josh for a blessing. He was so sweet and got dressed and gave me one. I took two ibuprofen, a cough drop and went back to sleep. I was woken by Jonah twice and Asher once and now I'm up. Melissa will be taking Elizabeth to school this morning- thank you! thank you! thank you! (By the way, Heather, my kids absolutely loved your lasagna! Jonah said "Thanks for making this, Mom." and while I was tempted to take the credit, I said "I didn't make it. Heather did." "Oh," he said "I didn't see her come by." or something to that effect). By the way, Elizabeth has said the funniest things lately: "Mom, you sound like a Monster." Thanks, Elizabeth! Thanks, a lot! Also, while we were walking home on Tuesday from Sledding this six year old cute little girl of mine pontificated "It's like they say: you have to go through the hard stuff, to get to the good stuff." Translated that means, you have to walk up the hill in the snow, to be able to have fun sledding all the way down.

I guess I relate that to my life. I have to have a cold and be sick and in pain, in order to come closer to my friends and family by reaching out for assistance. Christ had to suffer the Atonement, in order that He could comfort us, save us and help us return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven. Wow, it's amazing what life teaches you. Thank you for being there for me. It's like they say, you have to go through the hard stuff, to get to the good stuff.

Love, Megan

Comments

Sarah said…
I hope you get feeling better soon. I think there should be some sort of rule that mom's can't get sick, it is just to hard to take care of the kids when you feel sick. That is nice to have such nice friends who are willing to help you out.