Counseling Session- w/ Joe #2


This morning I went to a counseling session with "Brother Joe"- as he likes to call himself. It went really well. My friend Shawna McInelly watched the kids and despite the fact that I ran out of gas on the way home, I feel uplifted and strengthened. He said something that really hit me. You know, one of those sayings that you keep thinking about over and over. He said "You don't have to be the best Mom. You just have to be a good enough Mom."

I love that! It really motivates me. Knowing that I don't have to be the best, I just have to be good enough. That applies to all my roles in life: Activity Days leader, Pianist, Wife, Neighbor, etc. This knowledge fills me with hope and faith and Charity.

I have been letting discouragement and doubts and fears and guilt plague me for long enough. I am going to start seeing Brother Joe once a week and my goal is to be able to end each day satisfied with how I have lived that day.

Comments

Ellen said…
Go Meagan go! Those other things just aren't worth the unhappiness they cause.