February Update

At the end of every month, some women on my side of the family send out a personal update. They are like the Christmas letters we get each year, but monthly. My Mom just sent one out and has inspired me to send one also. I've decided to put it on my blog also. It's like writing an assignment for one class and turning it in to two classes. Hooray!

Megan's Update 2/1/08

Latest Happenings: We are in the process of remodeling the half bathroom on our main level. We've took down thirty year old peach, shell wallpaper. It was so old it came down in big sheets, but the builders did not put protection over the dry wall and it left huge holes in the dry wall. We- well, Josh- spackled the huge holes, sanded the huge holes (good thing they weren't too big or we would have had to add new dry wall) and painted the walls a new opal cream. I love the new color. Now we just need to touch up the ceiling, add a new light fixture, towel rod and toilet paper holder, scrub some paint off the hardwood floor and we're good to go! I plan to start potty training Ethan in the new bathroom on the 16th.

My Dad has been feeling sicker with his lukemia and has scheduled treatment to begin on the 26th of this month. We are holding a family fast for him to get a little better on Sunday.

Latest tv show: The Office, The Apprentice and of course, American Idol.

Latest Recipe: Chicken Kabobs

2 cups cubed, raw chicken
1 cup Green Pepper
1 cup Pineapple chunks

Sauce: Bbq or brown sugar and lemon juice.

Let the kids put the chicken, green pepper and pineapple on skewers. (soak skewers 30 min before, so they won't catch fire). Broil the kabobs 4 minutes on each side, turning once. Brush with bbq sauce or brown sugar and lemon. Serve with rice or ramen. Yummy!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments