My 30th Birthday- In Pictures


For my birthday, Josh stayed home from work and watched the kids while I went to the temple. I was planning to spend all day there. No kids. No noise. Just peace. I went and was so excited to see the Temple Matron welcoming us into endowment room. Then, the temple President F.Melvin Hammond officiated. We love the Hammonds. They spoke to us at a stake conference in Provo and then just recently at a stake conference here. Afterwards Josh dragged me up to say hi to them. They are the neatest people we know!
After going through a session and being in the Celestial room for a little while, I felt prompted to go home. I came, I served and now it was time to return to my duties at home. I came home refreshed and renewed and sent Josh to bed for a nap, washed the dishes, started laundry and made my cake. I love to serve and I learned that the second best place to serve besides the temple is in our own homes.

Me at the temple.


Josh's sister MaryRuth sent me a beautiful package filled with a card, a box of Sees- Yay!!! These are my favorite and they don't have them in the East- and

homemade fudge!!!


and a gorgeous frame. Thank you, MaryRuth! You made my day!


This is a present that I received from my twin sister- Molly- a packet of handmade cards. Thank you, Molly! Happy Birthday to you too! Sorry your day was crazy!


This is the Angel Food cake I made and Josh and the kids decorated. I always had Angel Food cakes growing up, so I decided to try it out again. A little too dry and not enough chocolate for my taste. Maybe a ganache frosting would help it out. Happy Birthday, to me!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sarah said…
Glad you had a good day! Happy Birthday again!