Monday- Potty Training



Right now the boys are both wearing underwear. Ethan has gone potty twice. Jonah- not yet. They were both very excited to put big boy underwear and were running around the house yelling "jelly beans"- my treat of choice for my kids. We watched Elmo goes Potty and as the video went on, the boys got more fussy and clinging, asking for snacks and to sit on my lap. After the video was over, I put them both on the potty. Jonah cried and screamed. Ethan screamed and tried to scratch me. I sat them down anyways. Is this normal? They are both still dry and it's 8:30 am. So, still early! I'll keep you updated!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Jen said…
I had no idea going potty was such a scary thing. I know that eventually everyone gets potty trained, but that knowledge may not help in the moment. Good luck!
Jen said…
p.s.--I meant a scary thing for the little boys. I know full well it's quite a trial for parents.