Happy Birthday, MaryRuth!

Happy Birthday, MaryRuth! I won't say how old you are turning today, because I am turning the same age in two months and three days and I don't want to give my age away! You know how it is!

In other news, I've decided to apply Julie B. Beck's talk to my life and made a weekly goal sheet that I can fill out each Sunday. Here's a copy of what I did:

Stand Strong and Immovable

Nurturer: Women who know are nurturers.
What can I do to be _______________ this week?
Patient: ______________________________________
Loving: ______________________________________
Hard
Working: ______________________________________

Leader: Mothers who know are Leaders.

Am I having:

Personal, couple and family
Prayer ________
Scripture
Study ________
FHE ________

Teacher: Mothers who know are teachers.

What have I taught my kids this week?
___________________________________
___________________________________
___________________________________

Selective Involvement: Mothers who know do less.
How can I use my time in the best way this week?
_______________________________________

"Who will prepare this righteous generation of sons and daughters? Latter-day Saint women will do this- women who know and love the Lord and bear testimony of Him, women who are strong and immovable and do not give up during difficult and discouraging times." Julie B. Beck, Oct. 2007 General Conference

OK. That was really long. How do I attach a file onto a blog? Does anyone know? I need to take a class!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Great idea Meg for being a better mom! I am not sure how to attach a file, I wonder if you can...hmmm, I will have to look into that! Yes, let's try to talk Skype Thursday night 8:15 your time, 5:15 my time...(: I have tried you a few times with no luck! Love ya!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said…
Good idea, I hope you don't mind but I printed it off so I can copy you. Thanks you are such a good friend and mom!
Boo said…
Thank you! I had a good day. I didn't do anything big and fancy, just spent time with my family and went to book club. That basically sums me up :)
-MaryRuth