Smile, Asher!


Smile, Asher! Asher is so smiley, but when I pull the camera out he stops smiling and starts grabbing!
We had a good time at our neighbors house. She has a four year old girl and a one year old boy and stays at home also. That's nice.
I've noticed that things are way more expensive here. For example, I went grocery shopping yesterday. I bought almost the same stuff I normally buy and ended up spending $50 more. Why? Why is milk $3.50 a gallon? Why is bread $2.50- ok- that one's not bad! Why is the cereal more and everything more?
We found out that one of the reasons they have all day kindergarten here is because both parents work and they cannot find someone to watch their kids for a half day after kindergarten. This is probably why everything is also more expensive. Both parents work, so both make money and have that money to spend on food. Plus they usually have only two kids. We have one income and four kids! It'll be a challenge to use our money well, but who doesn't love a challenge?
This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Anonymous said…
megan - try shopping around to different stores. i remember martins being a decent store back there. or maybe super wal-marts or costco/sam's club. it could be worth the cost of membership. and at least you don't have to pay CA prices - $4 for a gallon of milk. the kleinmans are still having sticker shock at the stores here.
hilary
Anonymous said…
Our milk is over $4 a gallon here too. Although I think we go through it more slowly than you guys do.
Molly said…
Here in St. Louis, milk is over $4 a gallon. It's related to demand. The more people (i.e. big metro area), the more demand, the more people can charge. At our Sam's club, the milk is 2.9something- worth the price of membership when you've got a big family :) Love,
Molly P.S. I have a Bosch mixer and you have a lot bigger mixing capacity than a Kitchenaid. I love it! (Mine's 30 years old!)