Those moments



"A broken heart is the very instrument we use to understand how deep we love." C Jane Kendrick

I was taking a break from blogging, but sometimes there are thoughts that get stuck in my head and I have to get them out. Someway or another. 

The other afternoon I found myself on my knees, not for the first time, with a
large and persistent headache. Earlier that week I had just done some nesting/rearranging/calming my craving to do something Pinteresty and had moved our large picture of Christ from the front room to our bedroom. 

As I prayed, I paused and looked up. And there was the picture of Christ, smiling down at me- or actually smiling straight across the room- and I was taken by surprise. First by the fact that the picture was even there- my poor Mommy brain. Second, by the thought that accompanied it- "He knows."

He knows how it feels to have a small/medium/large headache. He knows how it feels to feel powerless in the face of pain. He knows how it is to face the day to day rigors of life in the midst of that pain.

My Dad has had a lot of headaches as well (tinnitus/migraine). I had often wondered how he could manage having them so often. Now I understand a little bit. You just do. Simple things like less pain, a beautiful day, a smile from a baby make my day. I live for those moments. Because in between those times, I am doing my all to make it to the next beautiful moment.


Comments

Joanie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie said…
Sweet post....may you continue to have beautiful moment and more beautiful moments so that you do not even notice the headache....thank you for sharing!