I want...


via internets



a newborn. His/her head all solid and firm in my hand, covered with a sort of peachy fuzz that is like smooth velvet to the touch.


I dreamt last night of this little wee one. A few details made me think that I had adopted this little treasure from heaven.

One-
I did not give birth to him. He was not my birthson. He was someone else's, but I held him like he was my own.

Two-
This baby boy was bald, with no hair at all- just peach fuzz. All of my kids have had hair at birth- long, silky hair. Elizabeth astounded us all with her dark tresses. Asher's blonde beauty was talked about by all the nurses and even Ethan and Jonah who were born preemies had long, fine strands of silk. I just checked pics to make sure.

When we first began thinking about adoption two months ago, I searched online for as much information as I could. During my search I found the blog lds adoption connection. I began reading it often, rejoicing in it's encouraging words and finding joy in the birth Mothers and adoptive Mothers stories.

Adoption.

It is amazing.

And when the blog administrator needed to step down and someone to help take over, I and another girl Deanna, took over. Deanna does most of the posting and does an amazing job. She has just heard that they will receive a new baby in the Fall. I am so happy for her.

I want a newborn. I know that there is someone else who is to join our family. I just don't know who yet. And I am willing to do whatever I have to to help them find their way home. And I want to enjoy doing it.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- Did you know that LDS family services has changed and that they now help prospective parents and birth Moms come together but let agencies do the rest of the work? Wise decision, I think!

Comments