A Little D.C. Cherry Blossoms



Today the kids had off school, so we headed down to D.C. to see the Japanese Cherry Blossoms in full bloom. In light of the earthquake, D.C. has taken clippings from the trees and sent them back to Japan- in hopes of growing new trees and keeping these trees alive. Here's the Washington Monument and the blossoms.



The family at the Cherry Blossoms, 2011. Jonah, Ethan, Asher and Elizabeth

Me, my coat, and Ethan. It was freezing!


Josh, decked out for the weather!



The day started early. We drove down at 6:30 am, with breakfast on laps. It was drizzly and cold. When I saw someone's breath come out in great puffs of white, I knew it would be cold. We were chilly and damp, but I got some good pictures and the kids love making the drive down to D.C. to see the sights. I couldn't help but think of when we were here last year and I was pregnant and how a week later, I had found out that I had miscarried and not known it. I was sad, yet hopeful for the future. Recently I went off lithium and now I'm back on. Life is always full of hope though and I know Heavenly Father will bless us no matter what.





His Love is evident in the beauty all around us. And today it is evident in the blossoms that surrounded us.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Fun times! That is cool about sending the clippings to Japan too! Yes your like is like cherrry blossom trees at times- although the tree looks bare at times it really contains so much beauty and life that comes out when it is ready to bloom!!!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fox and Amy said…
Those are great pics, Meg! Your family is so beautiful, and the trees are gorgeous! It's crazy they bloomed when it's still so cold! Love you and miss you!