Rash!



Yep! A rash! Red dots- all over me! I woke up early Tuesday morning with red swollen ankles. I had spent a few hours spreading mulch in the backyard on Monday and there were ants on the bags of mulch, so I thought it was ant bites. I couldn't sleep from all the itching, so I climbed into the bath. By morning the rash had spread all over my body and had taken over! Josh thought maybe it was poison ivy since I went hiking on Sunday, but the kids didn't have it. I ate a Basa fish sample on Saturday, some new frozen Spanish Tortilla (delicious btw) on Sunday and a new granola bar on Monday so who knows what it could be. Oh, and I had been taking amoxicillin for 8 days but didn't think it could be that. I went to the Dr. with a 4 kids in tow and she said it was an allergic reaction and prescribed steroids. It could be the amoxicillin as a delayed reaction.

Either way, rash= lots of baths + benadryl + Dr. Visit + 2 CVS visits + 1 Rite Aid visit (which while there I also bought 6 Hawaiian t-shirts because they were 75% off and who can turn down such a good deal, even though I may never use them???) + 1 blessing = getting better Megan. Phew. Good thing the3 older kids are all at ALIVE, a Spring Break Bible Camp. They go from 9- 4:30 pm and have been having a blast doing Sports Day, Science Day and today is Art Day. Ethan said "Mom, we don't even study the Bible very long- we just sing songs and do activities." That's a 6 yr old boy for you! So glad they are kept busy and I can be on the mend.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
hope that rash disappears soon...about the Hawaiin shirts: I think it was a great buy. Every one should own at least one Hawaiin shirt. What if you are invited to a luau????
Amber said…
Sounds like things are a little hectic around there! That is interesting about your rash... Dave is allergic amoxicillin, we found out a few years ago when the same thing happened to him! I hope things clear up for you soon!