Happy Mother's Day!






I want to highlight one of the most amazing women in my life: 

    She became a convert to the Church as a young adult and was brave enough to join in the face of opposition from her Catholic, Polish family, moving across the country to attend a college (BYU) that she had never heard of before her baptism.

   She gave birth to 7 children, all naturally- including twins where she hemorrhaged and almost didn't make it through and one breech birth. She supported her husband when he went back to school to get a Masters in School Counseling, when they moved from one state to another and to live with her in laws in a small cabin in Northern Idaho an hour away from the nearest city and homeschooled her five children, all while being pregnant. 

    She took care of her husband for ten years while he dealt with chronic lymphonic leukemia only to begin taking almost full time care of his 98 yr old Mother/her Mother in law after he passed away.

   This woman is incredibly strong, brave, bold, kind, sweet, passionate, creative, loving, faithful and thoughtful. If I have even an ounce of her strength at the end of my life, I will call it a successful life indeed. She is amazing and she is my Mother. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!

Comments