Grandma Betty’s 100th Birthday Celebration!

 













A few weekends ago, we gathered to celebrate the 100th Birthday of my Grandma Betty- my Dad’s Mom. She lives in Glendora, CA in the same house my Dad grew up in and that my Grandpa built. She does so well- maintaining a regular routine of eating, napping, watching tv and seeing her family. Oh, and eating dessert of course! My Mom and her niece Karen take turns living with her and helping take care of her. She’s so spunky and cute- she’ll probably live to be 102!

And so we all came together the weekend of the 16th. Her birthday was the 11th of March born in 1924. We drove up a few days before and visited with my sister and brother. That Saturday, we drove down and popped into Grandmas before heading to the park where everyone would gather before the big party. We ate pizza and had fun catching up.

The official party was at the Church and we had Armenian food- complete with hummus and baklava- and met distant family we hadn’t met before- children of my Dad’s cousins. The birthday girl was happy and well- excited to see everyone. Julie Hewitt brought the largest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen, the teenagers filled out trivia sheets of what the price of gasoline was in 1924, etc and the littles played with gold balloons. It was tons of fun! And so sad to end, the party of the century. We love you, Grandma!

Comments