Summertime with Teenagers



My life these days is pretty busy! It’s Summer and I have a 16 year old girl, two 15 year old boys, a 13 year old boy and a 5 year old boy. I spend my days trying to keep them busy and active, with less screen time and more active time. Currently they have a job list they get done in the mornings. Jonah is working on a secret slideshow for his reading and writing job and so is Asher. They have been spending an hour or two at the library by themselves working and researching. Ethan was dying to find out what Jonah’s been working on and finally Jonah told him- Nintendo’s history!

Coming up Elizabeth will be a Junior, Ethan and Jonah will be Sophmores, Asher will be in 8th grade and Declan will be in Kindergarten! This amazes me! How did they get so old so fast! I’ve been preparing myself to keep busy while they are gone- signing up to substitute teach as well as having a shift at the Temple and the local Hospital. I hope I haven’t overdone it but these are all things that I love- service and growth and being out in the community.

To wrap up, life is busy- swimming at the local pool, Dr appointments, playing at the park almost every evening and getting shaved ice. Life is busy, but it is oh so good!


Comments