Asher turns 12!





I have two babies in our family. #1- Asher. He is the youngest of the big kids and was my baby for almost 8 years until Declan came. #2. Declan. He is officially my baby and will be so for awhile. Actually, all my kids are my babies and they always will be! Even after they are married and having babies of their own.

And without further ado- my baby Asher is turning 12! This is pretty weird for me! Babies? Turning 12? How can this be? Just a short while ago I was in Orem Community Hospital, pushing out this strong, strong baby boy while my sister Amy and the Dr were rushing into the room. They almost missed his birth, but they got there- in the nick of time! 

The Dr said "This baby boy sure is STRONG!" and I said "Tell me about it! He's been kicking me for the past several months! No wonder he's strong." 

I love Asher. He is happy. He is positive. He loves soccer and track and field. He's a great mathematician, writer, maker of friends and care taker of his Momma. Once in a while the bigger boys will have a bone to pick with me and Asher will stand up for me and say "Don't talk to Mom like that!" (Of course, my big boys are just generally sweet as well).

He likes making lego ships, playing with his cousins, reading and has started playing a little piano as well.

He gets to get the Priesthood on Sunday as a 12 year old and I'm super proud of the decision he has made to do that. God is so proud of him! He's sad he missed a Temple trip by two days (they can go inside when they are twelve).

Happy Birthday, Asher! We love you so much!


Comments