On Marriage


Josh and I have been married for awhile now. With my last sibling to get married getting married a short five weeks from now, marriage has been on my mind a lot lately.

I love being married. And I love being married to Josh. It seems like we have known each other forever. We are no longer just Megan. Or just Josh. But Megan and Josh or Josh and Megan (putting whoever you are related to first). I don't know what I would be without him and I think it's the same for him. And even though we have been married for as long as we have, he still surprises me with his talents, his ingenuity, his creativity and his hard work ethic.

And while we are one, we are two completely different and unique individuals. Josh is a night owl- wanting to stay up late and sleeping in just a little in the morning. He thrives off learning new things, thinking of new ideas and creating new things that never existed before. He is also an extrovert- refueling with lengthy discussions with others about his work projects, religion or politics. And when the kids are being disobedient he gets upset and tries hard to teach them the right way to make choices and be responsible.

I, on the other hand, am a morning person. I love to go to bed early (10ish), wake up early and get a lot done before my brain and energy crash around 1 pm. I like to read blogs, learn new things, read romantic books and write poetry. I am an introvert and often need a half an hour of down time to recover from our weekly 3 hour block of Church meetings or from a long day of subbing.

We go on weekly Friday night dates and love it! Elizabeth has been watching the kids lately and it's been wonderful. We love being around each other, talking to each other and understanding each other.

 Marriage is a wonderful thing. He is the love of my life, the dream of my boat, my one and only Joshua.

I am so excited to have another little boy running around the house.

The other evening he said to me: "You make me happy!" I replied "And you give me babies."

We have a pretty good deal going on.


***I recently purchased the newest edition of "What to Expect When you are Expecting." My 11 year old copy shows a lady wearing a mumu rocking in a rocking chair on the front. The current edition (about 5 years old now) shows a trim young woman in jeans and a tshirt sporting a cute baby bump. I got it from the library bookstore and it was the best $2 I had spent recently. I have learned so many new things: at 19 weeks (now) your baby is the size of a mango! Wow! Also, one important fact: during pregnancy, brain cells shrink from a lack of fluid. Pregnancy brain really does exist! It returns to normal about 3 months after delivery. So if my blog is a little spacey- that is why!***

Comments