A Sinus Headache + A Story

 
 Our Healthy Twin Boys- Ethan and Jonah

This past weekend- from 5 pm on Friday evening to even as I write, was spent in bed nursing a migraine/sinus/tension headache. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow! I'm not really sure which one of those it was- all I know is that it is mostly on the left side of my head, throbbing and I am sensitive to light and sounds and my sinuses are clogged. I think working at the school has finally caught up with me!

I could feel it coming on Friday afternoon and by the time I finished up babysitting a little girl after school at 5 pm I was down for the count! Tylenol was not helping at all and the only relief I found was an ice pack to the side of my head. I finally found Excedrin for Tension Headaches with just Tylenol and Caffeine and that has helped some.

Let me tell you, these past two days have been some of the worst I have ever experienced. I, once again, feel for those who have migraines and more than once. 

It's still close to home, so I can't write about it. Instead, I will tell you a story.

As I lay in bed, I felt that I should spend my time reading/listening to Conference Talks and reading my old journals. That has been wonderfully uplifting and informative for me- both testifying of times when Heavenly Father is there for us, no matter what happens in our lives. 

I began reading my journal from when I was pregnant 9 1/2 years ago with the twins. I came across a story I wanted to share. Ethan and Jonah were born at 34 1/2 weeks along- 5 1/2 weeks early. We had no idea at the time of their birth, but they were born with Twin-to-Twin Transfusion- where one twin is taking the other's blood and nutrients. This is a very risky condition and often one or both of the twins don't make it. We didn't realize that until a few days later. They were sick and had to remain in the hospital for 4 and 5 weeks.

At that time, Josh was in the end of his first year of Law School at BYU (twins during Law School? Yep!). He was doing a research fellowship for the LDS Church's International Center of Law and Religious Studies (ICLRS). For that internship he could have been sent to Russia, Brazil, Africa or Salt Lake City and he was sent to Salt Lake City. While he was a little bummed about it at first- with his good friend heading off to Russia- we later found out that we were expecting twins, so it turned out for the best!

A few days after the twins were born and were in the NICU, Elder Lance B. Wickman- a General Authority for the Church and with whom Josh was working with at his internship- gave Josh a call to check on how the babies were doing. We told him that they were in the NICU and they were working hard on breathing and learning how to eat. Elder Wickman then told us that President Hinckley and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles would be holding their weekly meeting at the Temple the next day and that they had a list of people that they would pray for and that the boys would be included on that list.

We were so thankful! What a blessing- to know that our little twin boys would be prayed for by the Prophet and the Twelve Apostles in the Temple. We felt comforted and strengthened and knew that the boys would make it. And they did!

What a journal entry! How Heavenly Father blessed us with the chance to go to Law School at BYU and to have an internship with the Church in Salt Lake City at that time. The boys were given Priesthood Blessings that said they would grow up to be healthy boys- and so they have! We have been so blessed with each one of our children and this one that is coming to us now. 

May I always remember this and take the time to record and look back at the times the Lord has held us in His Strong Hands and sustained us, even in the midst of the most trying circumstances.

**As an aside, I received a Priesthood blessing on Saturday that said that this ailment would be short lived. I was saddened to awaken up from my nap with still a throbbing head. I have faith that it will be short lived!


Comments