On Gratitude

Today I am grateful for:

-A husband who will wake up with the kids and makes sure that they eat breakfast, get dressed and make their lunches.


-Asher, who daily has one question or another about the baby. Yesterday, while I was laying on the couch trying not to toss my cookies, he came up to me- counting on his fingers- and said "Mom! It's been 7 years since you had babies." I replied "Yeah, I don't even know if my body knows how to make a baby anymore!" He is so thoughtful and cute!

-New discoveries in our Family History.

- Kids who- most of the time- do their homework right when they get home from school without any prodding needed.

 
                                             crazy hat day

-A funny pregnancy book from my sister.

-A birthday to plan (Elizabeth turns 11 on Tuesday!).

- A good tv show to watch while I craft or fold laundry- Hart of Dixie especially.

-A good of Life cereal with cold milk and warm banana slices in the morning.

-Helping Elizabeth write a paper on Service on her Grandpa Wight and remembering fondly his service in the war, the Aspen Grove trips he funded, the large stack of Sees Chocolates at Christmas- ready to give out to anyone who stopped by- and the yearly "My Nine Lives" chapter sent along with a check. Those checks during our poor college years were such a blessing. The family reunions to Aspen Grove were even more amazing. At the end of his life, all Grandpa wanted to do was to spend time with his family and he made great sacrifices to make that happen. He is one of the most unselfish, serving amazing, wise, kind people I have ever met. There I go crying again- dang pregnancy hormones!

-Cold applesauce.

-A burger from In N Out.

-The Indie-Songwriter Station on Pandora.

-A 12 week ultrasound scheduled and anticipated.

-The fact that my pregnancy will last from Aug until April and not December until September. I know that I would not have been able to survive 120 degrees 8 months pregnant!

-Still being sick.

I was re-reading my scripture study journal this morning and came across a thought that I really liked and wanted to share- more for me than for anything:

Dec. 19, 2012
"There is a whole world out there full of faith, hope, love, charity and forgiveness and it's accessible if we just see the big picture, stop focusing on the drama of our lives and open our hearts to the good that each situation has."

I am going to find the good in each day.

I promise.


Comments