Oh, no.

The shooting in Connecticut happened almost a  week ago. I was subbing that day and being isolated in my little classroom I had heard nothing until Josh told me about it over the phone when I got home at 3 pm. I was devastated and cried in my room while my kiddos had their after school snack in the kitchen.

It was too close to home for me- having spent the whole day at the school/having a 1st grader/knowing loss before and knowing how precious life really is. A few people shared some things online that really helped me, as did prayer and an understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I know that He lives. He loves me. He loves us. He knows what is going on and He is here for us no matter what. And that comforts me. It truly does. I tried to write something about this on Sunday, but I had nothing. Nothing left to give. I was in mourning. I still am a little. But writing makes it just a teensiest better. In fact, a good measure better.

Nothing Left to Give

I have nothing left to Give
I have given all I can,
I had done all I can,
I have tried my very best,
And all that is left,
Is to turn it over to You-
The Giver of Life,
The Joy of all Joys.
So that when
Tragedy Hits,
And the Storm Blows
And the waves knock
Down my World,
All I need to do 
Is turn it over to You,
And All is Well.

Comments