Holiday De-Stress





Looking at Fine Art is one way I de-stress for the Holidays. This painting of the Nativity is one of my favorites and Jonah is standing by the original at the BYU Art Museum. Love!


I read a newspaper article today on how to avoid stress during the Holidays- something I often get. It said to not only do the things that you love, but to do them MORE. I completely agree. I hadn't played the piano for a couple of days and when I sat down to play yesterday, it was like a different world. I was lost amongst the notes, the melody, the harmony, and I came away a happier me.

Books do that to me too. I'm reading Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freeman for our Book Club. I only had about a week to read it, so I've been reading as much as I can. It takes place in Northern Canada and it's about a woman, her husband and their adventures in the wild. Again, when I read I get whisked away into another place, with new people, new thoughts and ideas and when I stop, I am a happier me. It helps to read about a snowy place when Arizona has been simply balmy this past week (Josh got sunburned putting up the Christmas Lights!).

Another thing that I do is write/blog. I put up pictures of clean, smiling children and tap out the good things that we have done together or have gotten done. I love it!

Some other things that I like to do that make me happy/de-stress:

-Subbing, only about 15 hours a week: anything more than that adds to my stress. I love being around the children, feeling their hugs (k-3rd grade), hearing them laugh, dance and shout for joy.

-Playing with my children: reading them books (Christmas Stories, Chapter Books), swinging on the hammock, going to the park, watching movies together.

-Baking with my Children.

-Taking them out for one on one time or lunch.

-Going to the Temple.

-Exercise.

-Finding chances to serve.

Take time for things that make you happy this season, so you can make others happy as well!

-hAPPY ST. NICKOLAS DAY!



Comments

Joanie said…
Your post here made my day! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!! Love you lots! Mom