Getting to Know You/ Birthday Post

I turn 35 years old today. Pretty crazy, huh? I think it will be a good year for me! 35 is such a solid number! It's funny, I don't really feel 35. I always 35 was getting up there. In fact, I almost bought a Turning 50 birthday card for my twin sister as a joke (Happy Birthday, Molly!). But, really 35 is not that old. Even if I do take naps sometimes and quit dancing after the third dance. If I knew that 35 felt like this, I would look forward to it! Here's something I found online that I liked. Now my kids can know a little more about me, Megan, Mom, as a 35 year old.

THE LIST:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.- I'll do this one later.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears- Heights, I've always been afraid of heights, Heights and Water- ugh!, Growing Old and all my kids moving away from me.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse. Amazing.
4. List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could:
      -Don't worry, your husband will be handsome, wonderful, kind and good.
      -Have Fun.
      -Don't worry so much about grades.
      -Don't worry about what other think of you.
      -Help out your Mom more- she needs it!

5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
       -Josh
       -Seeing my kids happy and healthy
       -Subbing
       -Playing the piano
       -Serving
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for? A diamond ring, a Mazda Miata and the Happiness of each of my family. (just being fun!)
7. What is your dream job, and why? Teaching kids, for a short amount of time. (tutor? piano teacher?)
8. What are 5 passions you have? Music, Children, Chocolate, Reading, Writing
9. List 5 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment. In Jr. High, there was some clean underwear stuck on my gym shorts that I had just pulled from the dryer and they fell off while I was running a warm up lap. Yikes!
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up? Not having a strong assurance of your self-worth.
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love. On our first date, whatever Josh said struck me as amazingly right, wise and the perfect thing to say. He swept me off my feet1
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? Mission, 4 Babies, Graduating from College, Learning to Play the Piano, Teaching 3rd Grade.
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at? Cooking
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you? Being kind and sweet
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent? Amazed. And Exhausted.
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents. Great!
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Here, in Gilbert, with 1 or 2 more adopted children. 10 years- getting my Masters in something at ASU.
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. Because it is the current one. (also Valentines' Days)
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood? Seeing my children learn and grow and experience new things. Waking up in the middle of the night and tantrums (they still happen at age 8!)
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat? Julia Child. Fish
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong? It's okay to live together and not get married.
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why? ?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse? He's caring.
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your posterity? Stay True to the Faith
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for. Being Faithful, Kind, Loving, Hard Working, Diligent, Smart.


So, I didn't answer all the questions, but there you have it! Happy Holidays!

Comments