Meditation

 

In Arizona, a few women meet together and do a meditation group. I started going last Winter when I wasn't feeling good. Each person takes a turn teaching a 30 minute class, or sharing a 30 minute youtube video and then we close our eyes on the couch and fall asleep, I mean meditate. Ok, so we do sometimes fall asleep, but that's a deep form of meditation, right?

I love going and I love the new ideas and things I've learned. Like the 60 second vacation. If you are feeling stressed, you stop for a minute and imagine yourself in somewhere fun and relaxing, like Hawaii. Your brain can't tell the difference (I suppose) and you felt rested and great! It really does work. I really like doing meditation and hope to do it more often in my life!

On another note: yesterday at school while subbing, they had a lock down drill during recess. This consisted of one teacher saying "Lock Down!" and then all the other teachers blowing their whistles, saying "lock down", the kids running like crazy, me not getting my autistic kids to move fast enough since they had no idea what was going on and one parent yelling "Is it real or a drill?? Is it REAL or a DRILL???" It really actually freaked me out. Phew!

Dr. Wayne Dyer doing a cool meditation/relaxation video on youtube.com.

Happy Meditation Everyone!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Asher just told me that he and a friend said a small prayer together that the lock down would be over. So sweet.

Comments