A rash


The cake batter truffles Larissa and I made to bring to the boys chocolate party- yum!

Remember when I had that rash almost a year ago? It was then that I found out I was allergic to the anti-biotic Amoxicillin. It was terrible- itchy, red spots all over! Well, a couple of weeks ago I was walked Sadie on our quick release leash and she saw another dog and lunged for her. I grabbed a hold of the skinny, nylon leash and it rubbed off part of my skin on my finger. It hurt pretty bad, but I kept going and when I got home I was feeling late so I just slapped a band-aid on, no washing or disinfectant cream. Bad idea!

A week later my finger became red and swollen- yep, infected! I tried putting Asher's antibiotic cream on it and it didn't help. I went to the Dr. and they prescribed bactrim for it - an antibiotic that wasn't Amoxicillin. That was last Saturday. Eight days later- yesterday- I started getting small red dots all over and took some Benadryl. This morning I woke up to a full blown rash. Again.

I wished Josh good luck on his talk, good luck on helping Asher do his very first talk in Primary and sent them all to Church, while I slept. So now I am allergic to both Amolixicillin and Bactrim! Hopefully it will go away on it's own or I'll have to go back in.
The sad thing is, I'll probably have to miss Elizabeth's school field trip tomorrow to the Orchestra. This is the second field trip of hers I've had to miss this month! Oh, February- full of illness- I will be ready to say goodbye soon!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- Welcome to Chloe Louise, Hilary and Dave's new little girl, born on Friday. She's adorable!

Comments

Joanie said…
If I had been on the scene, I would have recommended a through washing in hot water with a bit of soap. That is what you do BEFORE you put the band--aid on. My tendancy is to wash my wound but then not put a band aid on it. You know, let it "air dry". That is bad. Germs can get in and infect the would. I am SORRY my sweet daughter is suffering so much now. Perhaps we all can learn and be reminded to wash our wounds..maybe this post will save others great suffering.