Perfection


The following post has nothing to do with this picture of Ethan, asleep in his bed- with a fake mustache on, but I wanted to put it on here anyway!

I'm almost done with reading He Did Deliver Me from Bondage and wanted to share another thought that I had while studying the other day.

Perfection. From my journal: "I like being perfect in many things and I get upset when I fall short of that- which is most of the time. When I get upset that the kids have to talk to me when I am headed upstairs or when they have interrupted me for the 4th time while playing the piano or when they are grumpy + tired + I can't take it anymore- I need to stop and reassess. Am I really doing/acting how I should or could I be just a little more understanding, less selfish and willing to see where they are coming from?"

Today I focused on my Savior and that really helped me not care about perfection. As I taught piano lessons today, instead of demanding perfection or getting irritated I was more patient, more loving and that lead me to even laugh and joke around- have fun even. President Hinckley probably laughed so much because he was so patient and loving and carefree with all those around him.

May we all draw closer to our Savior and give up our weaknesses
in return for surprisingly sweet strengths that come from Him.

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice way to put it - people who are more carefree tend to laugh more rather than focusing on what otehrs think about us or pushing ourselves too hard (: BTW LOVE that photo of Ethan - so classic!