A short break from blogging @ California

Yesterday I randomly decided that today was going to be backwards day. That's right- backwards day. I had seen my friend do it and I thought it was a wonderful idea. They had all worn their clothes backwards, walked backwards, went up the stairs backwards. How fun is that? I thought!

Turns out it was fun. For an hour. Make that 45 minutes. Yesterday we had a great time planning backwards day. I figured out everyone's backwards names: htebazile ("heh, ba, zeel"), nahte ("nate"), hanoj ("ha-noj") and rehsa ("re-sha") and mom and dad. Everyone giggled crazily when I would call them by their backwards name. I said Good night to Elizabeth and reminded them to wear their clothes backwards and say "Good night" when they woke up.

Today started happily "Good night!" I thrilled as the kids woke up and I greeted them with a hooded shirt on backwards. The excitement died when Asher realized we would be having ice cream (dessert and dinner for breakfast) instead of his beloved cereal. "No", he wailed "not ice cream!" Where do my kids come from??? I thought they would love this. Normally, I still go with my plan unless two kids pipe up. "Yeah", said Jonah, "Ice cream is cold. I'm already cold." We ended up having oreos and hot dogs. No one finished their hot dog. I wouldn't either. I ate cereal beforehand.

We all dressed backwards and walked around backwards. Ethan was loving it. Elizabeth put her headband on backwards, if one can do that. I suggested her glasses and we decided not to. 30 minutes later I turned my shirt around. The hood was bugging me. And that has been our backwards day. Um, yeah.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments