a little story for ya


So, here's a little story for ya- I found a way cute blog about two years ago. It was back in the day when I bookmarked everything that I liked. Yep, I had like pages and pages of bookmarks. No google reader yet (which I don't really use BTW, I just look at for fun occasionally- I just use the blog list on my blog). Josh kept telling me to cull down on the list of my bookmarks and I would- every so often. Bloggers would come and go, go private or just leave to another domain. Some I lost interest in. Others I no longer connected with.

A few have remained strong. marthawrites.com is one of them. She changed blog sites and I changed along with her. Two days ago I commited myself to putting her button on my blog- that's it, she made it big time in my book. Then I read a post that she wrote about her miscarriage. That's it. I could blog stalk no longer. I commented. One of the 150 commenters. I mentioned in the comment that I thought I knew her (which I did) and that I had gone to BYU from 1996-2006 (yep- that's a long time- my degree, plus a mission, plus Josh's undergrad and law degree= 10 years, more or less,in Provo!)

Then I notice she designs business cards and I emailed her asking if she could design some for me. I get a weird e-mail in from her. Something about matchy-matchy. I guess we knew her in 2001-2002 in Villa Maria, our first married ward. It wasn't meant for me.It was meant for her hubby. They used to call us matchy-matchy. Because we are both tall and blonde. Hee hee. I had to tell Josh about it when I talked with him next! People have called us brother and sister before but never matchy-matchy!

Ah, yes, Villa Maria. Those one bedroom apartments in South Provo made in 1950. All brick, with wrought iron stair railings and peeling lead paint. Elizabeth was born there 13 months later, in Sept. 2002. I carried the groceries and her car seat up three flights of stairs. I carried her in the laundry basket down three flights of stairs to do laundry. We made everyone jealous and want to have babies too. The boys would come up to Josh and say "Thanks a lot for having a cute baby. Now my wife keeps asking me for one." Hee hee. The best one was "Send the diaper bills to Josh."

That was the best. So glad we moved on and never have to live as starving students again. Ever. Hopefully.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

marta said…
megan.. i'm so glad you contacted me!! i never knew you were reading my blog. i am so excited to create some designs for you, as that is my favorite part of the business. your family is adorable and i'm going to browsing your blog too!

p.s. please know that the 'matchy matchy' term comes out of love; i seriously dig couples that look like they were meant to be. it's my fave. it seems there were tons of 'em in provo!
Mrs Abbott said…
Marta, You are so sweet! I meant to tell that story just in fun! I know you guys and I know you would never do anything mean spirited! xoxo