Asher's 4th Birthday


I finally downloaded the pictures off my camera so I can post about Asher's 4th birthday! We did a lot of fun stuff! We planned to celebrate it officially on Sunday but on his real birthday he had to open at least one present. I love this look on his face, although it is blurry! I think the present is a set of jungle animal toys.

His birthday fell on a summer preschool day, so we had a little celebration for Asher and learned about the beach and oceans. We have blue frosted graham crackers with red fishies and gold fish crackers and made our names in real sand from the beach. He loved having all his friends over (A, T, J, E and T)


I wanted to make Asher a blueberry cake (since it's blueberry season) or a dirt mountain with bikes cake but he requested a basketball one. When he saw it he said "No, a BASKETBALL one!" "This is a basketball one, Asher." "A basketball one!" "You mean, a soccer ball one?" "Oh, yeah. A soccer ball one." Oh, well. He still liked it. It was still a ball!


Opening cards and presents- thank you everyone!!! He loved the money (who wouldn't??), the craft set (all four kids immediately made them and hung them in their rooms!) and the tiny robot!


All four kids with Asher opening a present on Sunday


We, of course, had to go blueberry picking since it is now a tradition to go on or around his birthday. It was a little too hot, so Asher and I picked for a few moments and then sat in the shade trying not to eat them all. Sooo goood! This almost makes up for the lack of California weather around here. When we got home Josh made delicious blueberry muffins while I napped. The B.E.S.T muffins I ever tested. Pretty much.
What a fun day!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. did I mention he now rides in a booster seat and can buckle and unbuckle all by himself, mostly? Happy Birthday to me!

Comments