Megan Monday

Spring Break has gone so far so good. The kids went to bed a little late and they woke up a little late, but we didn't have to run around and hurry to get to school. That was nice. We went to the gym, and although that is not their favorite activity- it is mine. You gotta have priorities, right? I had a good running day and ran 2.4 miles. Saturday I was dead and only able to barely run 1 mile. Hopefully when I do the 5k it will be a good day for me. After that was a trip to Sams Club. As we were leaving, after some pizza and another check out for the pull-ups I forgot, a man said to me "I love Spring Break. I love Spring Break." I guess I must of looked harried- pushing a cart full of groceries with four chlidren tagging behind.

The cherry blossoms are blooming and we are getting excited! It's rainy today and tomorrow, so Wed or Thursday we will go see them. Of course, we could go play in the rain still. The kids are fascinated with the Mickey Mouse's House of Villans DVD we got at the Library. I'm okay with that.

We had our book club at my house on Friday night and we discussed Peace Like a River, by Leif Engel. Three ladies came and we had fun talking and eating treats. Our next pick is Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.

Saturday we went to Home Depot to pick up Mulch, a new toilet seat (our wood one split in half- ouch!) and some tan paint called Koala Bear for our Bathroom. Then I went to a baby shower for my friend who adopted a baby boy. It was fun to have the baby there and get to hold him. I am SO baby hungry it's crazy. Someone said "I'm GIRL baby hungry." I guess she had to say that since she has a 5 month old boy, but I've never heard of someone being gender baby hungry before. One lady said she was not baby hungry at all. It's hard for me to understand that but I'm sure it exists.

Josh has been working crazy hours. I won't say how long, because I know others who work longer. All I'll say is that on Sunday I had to conduct the music and sing in the choir and it was time to go and Josh was still hammering away on the computer. We left and in the middle of Sacrament Josh came rushing in, hair combed and just in time. Let's just say we are going out to eat this week to celebrate the end of it all.

That's my blog and I'm sticking to it.

Comments

Our book club just finished Peace Like a River and we are working on the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society now too!
Liz said…
Hi Megan!!! I'm so glad you found my blog through Kelly and Amy's blogs! I just got an email from Molly today, so I must need to be in touch with you guys! I love it! Your family is darling! I really want to have a fourth child, but haven't convinced my husband that we're ready yet...so I understand the baby hungry feeling! Molly says you're expecting #5...Congratulations! I've never read Peace like a River, but LOVED The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! I am into running as well! My memory of elementary school isn't all clear, but did you run on the little elementary track team that Mr. Mead coached? I loved running back then, but then stopped until after I had my first child. Now I love it again! Well, I could go on and on I'm sure, but I'll make sure to visit your blog and reconnect even though we live so far away! Take care!!!