re-post :our love story

Our Love Story: Part III, Our first date.

Josh knew that the ball was in his court. I had come over to his apartment, alone, and talked to him. He knew that I would not make another move, without him showing at least some interest.
So, he made the decision to come and ask me on a date. A problem occurred when another guy was in my apartment- Dan- playing scrabble with me, when he wanted to ask me out.

I saw him walk by the window. "Yay! Please come in! Please!" He kept walking. Then he turned around and came in. Dan and I continued playing and we talked a while. Josh brought up the date subject nonchalantly "So...a bunch of us are going to see a comedy troupe tomorrow night. Do you guys want to come?" I looked at Dan and said "Yes! That would be great!" or something to that effect (Dan and I were at the seeing other people stage of our relationship.) Dan said "Nope. That's okay." He knew I was interested.

Then, Dan and Josh started talking and both got up and left and went to Dan's apartment! Ahhh!! What were they doing? Collaborating on some scheme? Talking about me? I did not know! All I knew was that I going to a comedy thing with Josh the next day. I didn't know what time, or with whom, but I had said yes. To be continued...

You can find part 1 and part two in the archives under12/6/07 and 1/4/08. More tomorrow.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments