School happenings

Yesterday the kids got their postcard in the mail that tell them which teacher they have. Jonah has Mrs. Huddle. He kept forgetting her name and I tried to said Huddle, Huddle, like Buddle and then decided it wasn't good to give the kids ideas on how to say their teacher's name. A little while later, Jonah said "puddle!" As long as he doesn't call her Mrs. Puddle on the first day of class!

Ethan has Mrs. Frey and Elizabeth has Ms. Reed. I called one of my friends and she said that Ms. Reed is a second year teacher and very good, so I'm excited for her! The postcards mentioned an open house on Friday and Elizabeth read it and was excited to go. Usually I don't tell them until the day of, because they get too excited- but since she can read now, she finds out all kinds of information. I somehow told them it was today and they were very sad to find out that it's not today- it's tomorrow. I have to be more careful in what I say!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Shawna said…
We're excited to find out if Grace is morning or afternoon kindergarten- I can't believe our joy school kids are in school!!!! ack!
Joanie said…
I hope you took a picture of everyone on their first day!!! It is a great tradition! Hope all went well today (Aug.31)Love, Mom
papa said…
Megan, what an honor to be able to follow your blog. Yes, this is Joseph, and I finally figured out how to log onto your site. It would help if I could remember my password.....(I must have a 100 of these by now.)

You have a beautiful family. You and Josh should be very proud (in a humble way) of yourselves.

Keep me posted ---joseph