Digital Scrapbookin'

I just got back from a class at Church (aka Enrichment) all about journaling in the Digital Age. My friend Katie spoke about her blog and gave a cool power point presentation on how to set up a blog. She even set up a blog for our Church group right then and there. I realized that I have been neglecting my blog. I'm sorry. I am going to try and do better. No more wandering around facebook for me! I am making a goal to blog every day this next month. There. Now I'm accountable and I am sticking to it!

Then, another couple gave a great power point presentation on writing and sending out newsletters. They do this every month and then print them out and put them in a binder. At the end of the year, they have 12 newsletters going over all the latest happenings. I want to do this too and will put one out for the month of August. There. Now I'm accountable also.

I'm way excited about this. I really think it will help me personally in my pursuit of happiness. Sometimes I think nothing ever really happens in our lives and all we do is eat, sleep and watch tv. That's not really the case. This month the kids have done swimming lessons, we went to Great Falls Park in Maryland and just today we went to the National Zoo and swimming too. See, there is a lot to be thankful for!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
yay, looking forward to hearing more about the family and seeing photos! For us relatives living far away any little tidbit about your lives and the kids lives makes us feel closer!