The flu

A nasty flu is running around! It hit Jonah and Elizabeth on Tuesday and Wednesday. Since then we've been inside, watching all the DVD's we own. plus five from the library. Today, Ethan was hit and I reconnected our cable chord. I am reminded of why I don't like cable, but if the kids are in one room and I'm in another where I can't hear that constant noise of fake kid voices on tv, like right now, I am fine. Maybe I should get earplugs, like my friend who has six boys, ages 17- 3. She loaned me a book called Table for 8. At first I didn't get the title, but then I understood- no one goes to a restaurant and asks for a table for 8 for just one family. It's too crazy.

We haven't gone out to eat as a family for probably a year. That's just how it is with big families. You get used to it and find cheap ways to have fun: make your own pizzas, order in pizza, have a picnic on the floor, etc. Elizabeth went to the Dr. this morning. I thought she had pink eye, but it turns out that she had scratched her eye and it had gotten infected. It's contagious for the next 24 hours, so we'll be staying in tomorrow also. Good thing it's cold outside anyways.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments