Clearing the clutter

Have you ever noticed that when you clear off your desk, I mean clean off all the random papers, odd pieces of mail, that candy wrapper from three days ago, that your mind feels clearer and you can write? Putting away that tax file folder and the empty turbo-tax box really lightens my load. There's nothing like doing taxes, or having your husband do your taxes for you and grill you on how much we spent on such trivial things like how much we spent on business travel last year- business travel, what business travel? Oh, you mean our move out east? Yes, we spent a lot. Do we get it all back? Maybe? That would be nice!

So, now that my desk is free of tax clutter, I can begin to re-clutter it again with pages ripped out from Martha Stewart Living's March Edition telling me where I can order seeds online and how I can spend twenty dollars on chocolate eggs that really are way too cute, but I just probably don't need. Now, that's my kind of clutter!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments