Autobiographies

Autobiographies. They are my new thing. In February I read one, ok- a biography- on Martin Luther King and was amazed at all the things I learned. You would think I knew everything about lots of things, since I am 30!

Currently I am read "The story of my life" by Helen Keller. It is the most amazing book. She learned how to talk, went to College, even studied French and German. She did way more than I have ever done, with my sight and hearing. It's inspiring. Here's a favorite quote of mine:

" "There is joy in self-forgetfulness.' So I make the light in other's eyes my sun, the music in others' ears my symphony, the smile on others' lips my happiness."

She went through life learning and growing from books, experiences and people. That we may all do the same, and that I might also find the same joy as Helen Keller did, in making people happy, is my wish.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

The Ziemers said…
I agree with you. I read President Hinckley's Biography 6 months ago and learned a ton about him that I never would have imagined. It has definitely opened my eyes to the life of an apostle and prophet. I am thinking about trying another biography for my next book. I will have to let you know how it goes.

Love,
Sherri