MVA


This morning I went to the MVA this morning to register our van and get a new Maryland license. Aunt Ellen- Auntie Em- as her family calls her- graciously watched the kids for me. I was in and out in about two hours and got the van's plates and my new license! Everyone was happy- I think they had a little two much chocolate last night- besides a few disgruntled applicants. Happy Halloween, by the way! Overall, my visit to the MVA- not DMV went very successfully and ended with a "Welcome to Maryland" by a sweet MVA worker. I had never had someone say that to me and felt very welcomed!

The kids went to trunk or treat last night and a good time was had by all. We will be going out again tonight and I hope to post pictures tommorow. In other news, I may be blogging only on Mon, Wed and Fridays (poor crazy picture day Thursday get left out in the cold!) I have been busy with Halloween and my therapy. New issues that I am dealing with seem again too much for a blog. Let me just state a few things I've learned so far:

1. If you are experiencing any tension through your first family it can come out in your family now (ie- My Dad has cancer- which I only really found out for real yesteday- no one used the word "Cancer"- and I have been yelling at my kids more after I found out. Seems simple a rule enough, huh?)

2. Also, I have been using shopping and maybe blogging/ computer time as an unhealthy way of dealing with anxiety. Now I am trying poetry writing and piano playing as healthy ways of expressing my emotions, which sometimes run close to the surface. Here's one I wrote last night in one of my awake at night episodes:

New House


Who will you become?

A little old,

A little tired,

You long to be free,

To be who you are-

Beautiful,

Noble,

Majestic,

I know how you feel.

I really do.


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is blogging time an unhealthy expression? Seems kind of like journaling to me--although anything that takes too much time can get unhealthy, I guess. I like the poety idea, and this particular poem. I'm awfully sorry to hear about your Dad; we'll keep him, and you, in our prayers.
--Jen