Josh turned 45!

 









Lots of things were happening this April- and one of those events was Josh’s 45th birthday! We usually keep things pretty simple with a birthday dinner of choice and cake and presents. Often we got out to breakfast or dinner at our local Joe’s Real BBQ where Elizabeth and Asher work since they give you a free meal for your birthday! For Declan’s birthday, he got a kids meal and still had money left over so I got a large salad with a side of Mac n cheese for Rosie. How awesome is that?

This year we decided to stay home and I made one of Josh’s favorite meals- Lasagna. I usually only make this if requested because it dirties so many dishes (even if I use my quick tip and soak the noodles instead of baking them). I used ground turkey since because of my latest stomach issues I can eat red meat. It turned out really good! For dessert we had hot lava fudge cake- yum! Last year when we had it, the candles melted into the cake but this year, they happily survived! 

It was a good birthday! Happy Birthday, Babe! We love you and are so grateful for you in our lives. You are such a hard worker and with your first year of your PhD program almost under your belt, we’re excited to see where life takes you! 

Comments