A stomach ache

 

A year ago, I started having weird stomach issues. Whenever I ate something with dairy or fat in it, my stomach would hurt for 3 or four days and I would be tied near the bathroom. I went to several Drs- my Primary Care Dr who ordered tests and tests of samples (you don't want to know!) and a GI Dr who ordered a colonoscopy. That was not bad- just the prep was really, really gross tasting. Yuck! just thinking about it. The tests showed inflammation and the colonoscopy showed one small polyp which they quickly removed and told me that I would need a colonoscopy every 3 years instead of every ten. Oh, well. Glad they caught it!

And so, nothing really new developed. I stopped eating dairy and anything fried or red meat. I met with a new GI Dr who ordered an ultrasound (which was weird with a lot of pushing and breathing in and tugging) and some blood work. I finally had some dairy with some lactaid the other day and it went okay. I have an appt with my GI Dr next week. It's been weird and strange and just a little sad not being able to eat donuts or french fries or even ice cream but I am definitely grateful for the food I can eat! Phew!

Comments