My Colonoscopy

 In December I started having stomach problems. I couldn't travel far from the bathroom. For a month. I went to the Dr who ran some tests. Then I went to a GI Dr who scheduled a colonoscopy. Boy was I excited! Not really.

All went smoothly except finding a small polyp and that means I need to come back every three years. The colonoscopy wasn't that bad. The prep was harder. Here are my top three tips to making it through (for anyone who would like to know and my future self).

1. Add a lemonade drink packet to the mixture they give you- definitely a must! Then, drink something really tangy inbetween sips like pickle juice. This helps the concoction go down smoothly.

2. Have some good clear foods at hand. Jello, gingerale, jello made from gingerale, bone broth and sucking on gummy bears all work great. 

3. Don't worry if it seems like it hasn't worked. Mine took a long time to kick in, but it finally did and all was good to go the morning of!

Good luck and hope all goes well with anyone having a colonoscopy! You can do this!

Comments