Happy Meet cute!

**This post was written on February 4th, 2023**


Twenty two years ago today, Josh and I met. We were both attending BYU Provo- Josh majoring in Math and I was majoring in Elementary Education. I had just returned from my LDS mission to Bilbao, Spain in July of the year before (2000- what an awesome year!) and Josh had just returned from his LDS mission in September and this was his first semester back at the Y. We met at a surprise birthday party for my roommate. She invited a lot of people to come who lived in our apartment complex (we both lived in Centennial 2 just South of Campus).

He came over and we introduced ourselves. He said that his major was math. I was nervous we would have nothing in common. Oh, when I first saw him earlier, I was wondering if anyone cute had move into our apartments. I saw him with his glasses on and said "nope!" We like to laugh at that!

After our brief introduction, he go some cake and sat down on the couch. The light from the lamp was glowing onto his hair and I thought that he had the most beautiful hair. I was intrigued! Fast forward to that evening. I was in his apartment watching people play cards when he came in with a friend. I didn't know it was his apartment. He made a joke about red heads and then apologized to me. I said no need to apologize- I'm not a redhead and he begged to differ. After that I said something in Spanish and he was impressed that I had served a mission. We met again that Tuesday and on Wednesday he asked me out for Friday and the rest is History!



Comments