Hysterectomy





This past Monday I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy. I had several fibroids- one a large one- that had been giving me trouble for a year and a half. Finally, after going over all the options and trying- unsuccessfully- for another baby, I did it. I was nervous and scared but got a blessing from Josh and that helped. It said that I was making the right decision for me and for my family.

Queen Elizabeth passed away the week before and we were able to see some of the funeral procession as we waited in the waiting room to be called back. Dr Layon did a great job! My sister in law sent me flowers and chocolate. How sweet is that?

It has been a lot less painful than I thought and now I’m just resting and recovering. My Mom came to help and it’s always wonderful to have your Mom here to help and love on you and your children. Recovery should take about 1 to 2 weeks. With a full recovery in 6 weeks. I feel lighter and healthier am glad I no longer have to deal with this issue anymore! I’m so glad I got it done!

Comments