On Helping Teeneagers




I read in a blog (71toes.com) something about how to get along with your teenagers that I really liked. The author spoke about “returning the volley” to our kids. When they are babies we are interested in what they are interested in. We say “that’s a cow” and “it says Moo” and the child says “Moo”. We say “yay!! Right!!”

She suggests we do the same with our teenagers. Yesterday Asher commented- “the food I’ve been eating is so bland, I just want to cook something nice!” “Ok” I said “go for it.” He decided on crepes (one of his favorites), checked to see if we had some ingredients and then we had a discussion on how to separate the egg yolks and how they felt so weird when they did. All this from my 14- almost 15- year old. It was amazing to watch.

I love my teenagers! They make me so happy- especially when they get along with each other. They aren’t perfect, but hey, no one is, right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us