Happy Birthday to Me!

 





I turned 43 last weekend! It was a great birthday! Josh picked up breakfast for me and we ate out for lunch and dinner! We ate lunch outside and realized not many places can do that! We ate at the restaurant where Elizabeth works for dinner and I loved seeing her there working so hard and I felt so proud! 

We celebrated the next day with the family- since Elizabeth had to work the day before. After dinner, I had placed a very large black glass bottle of Balsamic Vinegar on the floor. The boys were rough housing a bit and Declan bumped into it and it shattered all over spraying balsamic vinegar on the cabinets, the floor and soaked Declan’s pants and some of his shirt. 

The baby was sleeping luckily! I scooped him up and asked him if he was ok or cut anywhere and then noticed a decent sized gash on his foot! I knew it would need to be seen right away. I held a napkin tight over it, while pressing the sides of the cut together and calming talking to him. We decided he probably would like new clothes before we took him in and we got him changed. I went to the nearest urgent care and while there was a long line of people waiting in their cars with COVID, we made it in with just a short wait and only glue instead of stitches!

We came home to celebrate with chocolate cake and a present! Earlier that day I had been wishing for more excitement in my life! Well, I sure got it!



Comments

Sarah said…
Happy belated birthday! I can't believe Elizabeth is old enough to have a job! Rosie is such a cute chubby baby! That's good that Declan didn't have a more serious injury from the glass.