Quarantine





A couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call. It was from the school nurse. I knew it was probably coming because I had gotten an email from the school earlier. A student in your child’s classroom has tested positive it stated. And it proceeded to say which periods the student had (for High School). Now, I currently have 4 High Schoolers so to get an email stating “your child” means not very much for me. Unless I see band as a period and I know it’s for sure it’s one of my three boys. After getting that email, I asked each one of my teenagers if they shared a class with this student. After some sleuthing, we discovered it was Ethan. In ceramics.

So, by procedure, Ethan had to quarantine at home and teach himself Algebra 2 and AP Physics as well as AP US History all by himself. Some classes offered Zoom but they were fuzzy and quiet. Luckily Josh stepped in and tutored him on some Physics!

I was happy because I could run to the store without the baby while he held down the fort. 

But we were also kinda stressed. What if he got it? I kissed the baby and thought what if I gave it to her? I began cleaning more thoroughly. If Ethan got it he would need to stay home an additional two weeks. His grades would suffer again. He had no symptoms so his work had him go in. We didn’t get him tested since he had no symptoms either. 

And soon enough, he was back in school seven days later with another email arriving that same day for a different son. Luckily, this time he wasn’t sit right next to the person who tested positive. Maybe not so lucky next time! You never know with Corona!

Comments