Partaking of the Fruit of the Tree of Life



In Church, we have been studying The Book of Mormon and Nephi's (a Prophet in the Americas) vision of the Tree of Life. Ok, it was Lehi's vision too. In it they eat the most wonderful tasting, beautiful fruit they have ever tasted before. They learn that it represents the Love of God. 

I had an Epiphany last night! I realized that I don't have to be perfect to partake of the fruit and of God's love for me.

I've always struggled with trying to be perfect, comparing my flaws with other people's strengths. 

That can lead to Anxiety and Depression.

No longer!

I can imagine myself at the foot of the most beautiful, glowing, bright tree and taking a big bite of the fruit- like a pear- the juice running down my chin and onto my arms and off of my elbows- my tears mingling sweetly with the juices.

I am so grateful for The Book of Mormon, for what it teaches me in my life at this time and for Lehi's and Nephi's Vision of the Tree of Life.

I am thankful for my calling/job in the Church to teach the 5-6 year old kids. Seeing them learn about the Tree of Life makes me overjoyed that they can partake of this fruit too- the wonderful love of our Savior and of our Heavenly Father.

I love them. I love my Savior. I love that I don't have to be perfect to partake of His Love.

Comments